Meet Dr. Olivia Morris...
Years in Practice: 34
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish
Dr. Morris specializes in the prevention and treatment of injuries in athletes of all ages. With a focus on sports medicine, arthroscopy, and reconstructive surgery, including ligament reconstruction, cartilage restoration and joint replacement. Her goal is to help patients remain active, with productive and enjoyable lifestyles. Dr. Morris has served as Team Physician for Michigan State University Football Sideline Coverage, the U.S. Olympic Team as well as several high schools and professional athletic teams.
- Board Certification – Orthopedic Surgery
- American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgeons – Board Certified : March 2004 – 2014, Board Re-Certified: March 2014 – Present
- Board Examiner for American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Oral and Clinical Examiner: 2006 – Present
- Appointed Senior Examiner: March 2019-Present.
- St. Mary’s Hospital & Health Center, Tucson, Arizona. Staff member, Orthopedic Surgery
- Santa Cruz Valley Hospital, Green Valley, Arizona. Staff member, Orthopedic Surgery
Dr. Morris was awarded “FELLOW” by American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (“FAOAO”), Fall Academy Meeting, October 25, 2012, Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- B.S. Degree Biology/Chemistry: Concord College, Athens WVA
- D.O. Degree Osteopathic Medicine & Surgery:
Southeastern College of Osteopathic Medicine, North Miami Beach, FL
- Internship, General Rotating: Orlando General Hospital, Orlando, FL
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Metropolitan Hospital, Grand Rapids, MI
- Subspecialty Rotations: Total Joint Arthroplasty, Dr. Thomas Mallory-Ohio State University
- Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery, Dr Alvin Crawford-University of Cincinnati
- Hand Surgery, Dr. E. Burke, Dr F. Horrell-Wayne State University/Detroit Receiving Hospital
- Trauma AO Mini Trauma Fellowship, Professor Dr. Berndt Claudi, Rechts Der Isar,
Poly-klinic, Munich, Germany.
- Fellowship In Sports Medicine, Arthroscopy, Joint Reconstruction
- Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Michigan Capital Medical Center
- Dr. Herbert Ross, DO, FAOAO, Head Team Physician, Fellowship Director, Michigan State University, Big 10 Conference, East Lansing, MI
> Research During Fellowship: Dr. Steven Arnonsky, DVM, Research Director, Michigan
State University “Regeneration of Infrapatellar Tendon After Bone-Patellar-Bone Graft Harvest.”.